Contest runs through Oct. 3; winning entry will be displayed at The Bluebird Cafe and featured on T-shirts, posters & more
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Local artists are invited to enter Alive Hospice’s 2017 Alive At The Bluebird poster contest! Entries are due Oct. 3, and the winning design will become the official artwork for the 24th annual Alive At The Bluebird concert series in January 2017 and the 4th Annual Bluebird In The Boro series in March 2017.
It’s a chance to win notoriety, to have one’s original work recognized and displayed, to help raise much-needed funding for an organization that does so much good in our community, and possibly win prize money!
Alive At The Bluebird is a month-long concert series featuring more than 100 hit songwriters playing to benefit Middle Tennessee charitable nonprofit Alive Hospice. The winning design will be featured on event posters and T-shirts to be sold at The Bluebird Cafe as well as event programs and other promotional vehicles.
Additionally, the chosen artwork will be displayed at The Bluebird Cafe and signed by participating songwriters throughout the month of January 2017. The original piece will be auctioned at the end of the concert series with proceeds benefiting Alive Hospice and its mission.
“We received phenomenal entries in our 2016 poster contest, and we can’t wait to see how local artists visually capture the spirit of Alive At The Bluebird this year,” Alive Hospice President and CEO Anna-Gene O’Neal. “It’s a chance to be part of The Bluebird Cafe’s longest-running fundraiser concert series, and to be part of Alive Hospice in a very direct way.”
The winner will be announced on Oct. 14, 2016 along with second- and third-place entries. Up to 10 of the best entries will be displayed in the gallery space at Alive Hospice Residence Nashville on Patterson Street in Midtown Nashville from Nov. 14, 2016 to Feb. 1, 2017.
- 1st place: $100 cash prize; 2 tickets to an Alive At The Bluebird concert in January 2017; poster signed by participating songwriters; 2 T-shirts; and spotlights in the official 2017 Alive At The Bluebird event program and Alive Hospice’s Connection newsletter
- 2nd place: $50 cash prize; 2 Alive At The Bluebird T-shirts; and spotlights in the official 2017 Alive At The Bluebird event program and Alive Hospice’s Connection newsletter
- 3rd place: $25 cash prize and spotlights in the official 2017 Alive At The Bluebird event program and Alive Hospice’s Connection newsletter
- Entries must be the artist’s original, unpublished work.
- Posters must measure 18” x 24” (portrait orientation).
- Entries may be created digitally or by hand with materials such as paint, marker, or other artistic medium.
- Collage is allowed but must be affixed securely. No three-dimensional entries are permitted.
- Entries may be delivered or mailed to Alive Hospice’s Administration East Building, 1718 Patterson St., Nashville, TN 37203 on or before Oct. 3, 2016.
- Required text: 24th Annual Alive At The Bluebird / A Concert Series Benefiting Alive Hospice / 2017 / Featuring Nashville’s Finest Songwriter At The Bluebird Cafe
About Alive Hospice
Alive Hospice is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit that provides compassionate care and support for terminally ill patients and their families; grief support services for adults and children; and community education about the end of life, grief and loss. For more information about Alive Hospice, visit www.AliveHospice.org or call 615-327-1085.
Our mission: We provide loving care to people with life-threatening illnesses, support to their families and service to the community in a spirit of enriching lives.